If you are an international student fro any country of the world or even from Canada, you stand a chance of being offered the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship program which was established in 2008 the Canadian Government. The program is basically meant to attract doctoral students who are world-class students by offering them a reasonable financial award to help them take on their doctoral studies in any University in Canada.
Brief Scholarship Data
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship program abbreviated and popularly known as Vanier CGS was established to attract and retain world-class international doctoral students and to project Canada as a global center of excellence in all research and higher learning.
The Vanier Canada Graduate scholarship program are awarded towards a doctoral degree, or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD.
All Canadian Universities with Vanier CGS allocation are eligible.
Without exception, the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship is tenable only at the considered eligible Canadian institutions that submitted the nomination.
Eligible Study Level/Field
The Vanier Canada graduation scholarship PhD programmes or combined MA/PhD or MD or PhD in health research; natural sciences or engineering research; including social sciences or humanities research
The scholarship is open to all Canadian citizens, including permanent residents of Canada and international students are eligible to be considered for a Vanier CGS.
General Eligibility Requirements
To be considered for a the Vanier Canada graduation Scholarship program you must:
• be nominated for consideration by one Canadian institution, which have received a Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship program quota;
•must be seeking a doctoral degree for the first time, including joint undergraduate or graduate research program such as: MD/PhD, JD/PhD, DVM/PhD, if it has a significant research component.
Be aware that only the PhD portion of combined degree is eligible for Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship funding;
• must intend to obtain, in the academic year following the announcement of results, a full-time doctoral, or a joint graduate programme such as: MD/PhD, JD/PhD, DVM/PhD studies and research at the eligible nominating institution.
Note that the only portion to be awarded this Scholarship is the PhD portion of a combined degree;
• must not have completed above 20 months of doctoral level studies as of May 1, 2020
• must have obtained a first cass average, as determined by the institution where you studied, in each of the last 2 years of full time study or equivalent.
Applicants are encouraged to contact the institution to know its definition of a first class average.
• and applicants must not have held, or hold, a doctoral scholarship or fellowship from any of these institutions CIHR, or SSHRC NSERC. to undertake a doctoral degree.
The international scholarships is worth $50,000 per year for three Consecutive years.
Up to 166 scholarships are awarded annually
Applicants must be nominated by a recognised Canadian Institution with a quota at which they wish to study. Applicants cannot be able to apply directly to the Vanier CGS program.
Applications are done in one of two ways.
Either the interested students inform the faculty of graduate studies at the chosen institution of their intention to apply to the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship program OR the particular institution initiates the process by contacting the candidate.
Applications are prepared and done by the student and also submitted to the institution nomination them by their internal deadline through the the ResearchNet application system.
The nominating institution will now forward the recommended nominations to the Vanier-Banting Secretariat by 6 November 2019.
It is considered utmost important to visit the official website to see mire about the application and obtain other information needed.
Application Closing Date
The application closing date for this scholarship always fall before 6 Nov 2019 (annual)
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.vanier.
- 10 Scholarships for Black Women
- 10 Fully funded Scholarships for International students 2019-2020
- DAAD Scholarships for Masters in Public Policy and Good Governance 2019
- DAAD Scholarships in Germany for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses 2019
- UNIL Masters Grants in Switzerland for Foreign Students