if you are an international students from an ABD’s borrowing country, then this opportunity is for you. ADB-Japan Scholarship Program provides scholarships for international students from an ABD’s borrowing country. This content will provide the necessary information about this scholarship, including the all ecompassing information on how to apply for this award.
Brief Scholarship Data
The ADB-Japan Scholarship Program, fully known as the Asian Development Bank Scholarship Program aims to offer an opportunity for qualified citizens of ADB’s member countries who are considered yo be developing countries to undertake postgraduate studies in courses like, economics, technology, management, and science, including some other development related fields at academic institutions selected by the ADB in the Asian and Pacific Region.
After completion of their programs of study, scholars are required to contribute immensely to the social and economic development of their countries of origin.
ADB-Japan Scholarship Program provides scholarships to participating academic institutions under the Program of the Asian Development Bank.
Follow this link to see the individual Institutions and study time.
Eligible Study Level/Field
Programs that are covered by the ADB-Japan Scholarship Programs are postgraduate studies in health, education, agriculture, economics, management, environment, natural science, resource management, technology, and other developments related fields.
Only study programs that are offered at the participating institutions in the Asian and Pacific Regions are considered for ADB-Japan Scholarship Program funding.
The opportunities are open to citizens of ADB’s borrowing member countries
Visit link to see ADB-Japan Scholarship program member countries
General Eligibility Requirements
1. The applicant for the ADB-Japan Scholarship program must be a citizen of an ADB borrowing developjng member country.
Note: applicants who are from countries that no longer borrow from ADB are considered ineligible for the Scholarship.
2. Applicant must have gained admission to any approved MA/PhD study program at an accepted institution.
3. Must have obtained a bachelors degree or its equivalent with high academic record.
4. At least 2 years of full time working experience as a professional at the time of application. The experience must have been acquired after first degree.
Applicant must also be proficient in oral and written English Language skills.
5. Applicant should not be more than 35 years old during the time of applying. In special cases, for study programs which are appropriate for only senior officials and managers too, the limit in age is 45 years old.
6. Applicant must be in good health.
7. Must agree to return to their home country after completion of studies programs under the Scholarship.
8. Any official at ADB-Japan Scholarship program is not eligible.
9. Staff of aforementioned academic institutions are considered ineligible for the Scholarship.
10. Applicants who are living or working in any other country other than there home country are considered ineligible for the scholarships.
11. ADB-Japan Scholarship Programs does not support candidates who are already admitted in graduate degree programmes.
12. ADB-Japan Scholarship Program does not offer Scholarships to undergraduate studies, short-term training, distance learning programs, conferences, seminars, research projects and thesis writing.
The ADB-Japan Scholarship program provides tuition fees in full, including a subsistence and housing allowance each month.
An allowance will also be provided that will fund books and medical, instructional materials, insurance. Travel expense are also included.
The scholarship will last for just one year with a provision of extension opportunity to the subsequent year of study, which shall be dependent on the students maintaining a good level of academic performance as by the institute of study would tell. The maximum time of scholarship award is 2 years for masters and PhD programs.
About 300 scholarships are given to 300 postgraduate students annually to cover tuition and otherv e
Interested students should inquire and get application forms from the chosen Institution and should indicate to the Institution of study that they are applying for enrollment that they would like to be apply and be considered for the ADB-Japan Scholarship program.
The filled Institution application form and all required documents, including the ADB-Japan Scholarship program Information Sheet form, must be submitted to the institution they have chosen.
There is no separate application for this Scholarship.
You must submit applications forms for the scholarships at least six months before the planned time that you wish to start your studies.
Application Closing Date
The application deadline/closing date varies
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.adb.org/